Product Safety Alert – Holiday Gift Daily #61
Traditionally, the end of the year is a time of conviviality and togetherness. Giving presents is an undeniable part of this. But what should you pay attention to when it comes to the safety of these presents? There are still many unsafe products on offer. You do not want your loved-ones to be hurt.
Loft Living 3-Piece LED Candle Set
Today we draw your attention to three different sets of flameless candlelights.
- Loft Living 3-Piece LED Candle Set (photograph underneath). Product Code: 46458. A set of three battery-operated candles with a remote. The remote contains one button battery.
- Nice & Nifty Flameless Candle Set. Product Code: 52024. A set of three battery-operated candles with a remote. The remote and the product packaging's 'try me' button each contain one button battery.
- Nice & Nifty Candle Light 3pk. Product Code: 59118. A set of three battery-operated candles with a remote. Available in gold or silver. The remote and the product packaging's 'try me' button each contain one button battery.
These flameless LED Candlelight sets where found in Australia. The button battery compartment of the ‘try me’ button in the packaging of the Nice & Nifty Flameless Candle Set and Candle Light 3pk may not be adequately secured and the batteries may be easily accessible. The button battery compartment of the products' remotes may not be adequately secured and the batteries may be easily accessible. The products' packaging does not contain safety warnings or markings regarding button batteries.
If the product has a 'try me' button, consumers should ensure the product packaging is kept out of reach of children. Any consumer who has purchased the products from Australia Post or received the products as a gift should (at the consumer’s choice):
- immediately and carefully dispose of any packaging from the product, including the ‘try me’ button, or
- return the product to an Australia Post outlet for a full refund.
For more information, consumers can contact Australia Post on 13 13 18 (Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm AEST).
Every day the latest news, alerts and mentionable facts.
This is just an example of a product safety alert about toys and other items and their hazards that you need to be aware of. Millions of products have been recalled this year. Here's a video from the US Consumer Reports on how to protect yourself and your family. With our Holiday Gift Daily we will continue to follow the news on Product Safety and we will continue to keep you informed.